Viking life raft 12 DKF+
Approved according to SOLAS LSA-code, EC Directive 96/98/EC and USCG.
12 persons davit-launched life raft. For use onboard commercial vessels, passenger vessels and offshore installations. The VIKING davit-launched life rafts is to be connected to the davit and then inflated at deck level, thus enabling the passengers to board the raft from deck. The life raft is then launched to the water. Delivered in fibre-glass container.
- 12 passangers
- Davit-launched life rafts are connected to the davit, inflated, boarded from the deck and then lowered to water level.
- Equipped with emergency packs and life raft equipment according to SOLAS and flag requirements.
- Provided with two individual buoyancy compartments. Even if one compartment is damaged, the other still has sufficient buoyancy to carry the specified number of passengers.
- Stored in a rigid fibre glass container for durability.
- Installed onboard either on cradles, racks, or stacked
- Life rafts can be equipped with a hydrostatic release unit to ensure that it inflates automatically if it has not been released manually.
- Life rafts are subjected to rough sea trials, wind velocity tests at forces of 30 metres per second and deployment at extremely low temperatures. Self-righting life rafts are also tested for automatic self-righting capabilities.